Grief Stinks. Just when you least expect it, BAM, it's in your face. The overwhelming pain envelopes your whole being.
Since, we have coffee every Tuesday at Safeway all the employees know our family. Especially, Mom.
When Mom was 90 she fell and broke her hip. We were told she probably wouldn't live through the trauma of the surgery but if she did she would never walk again. But there was no choice. Mom not only lived through the surgery. She was determined to walk, and so she did, with a walker. When she walked she walked fast, really fast for a 90+ year old
Between Mom's sweet attitude towards life, love for people and practically running through Safeway with her walker everyone knew and loved Granny. Everyone, even her daughters, called her Granny.
It didn't take long for the Safeway employees to learn about Granny's death. They were all so sad. Two different times after Mom died when I went grocery shopping someone who didn't know would ask if Mom was with me. Then I would tell them she died. They would get so sad and tell me something they loved about her. They either hugged me, cried or both. I would leave the store crying with the pain of loss. I told my husband I needed to shop at a different store for awhile. The pain was unbearable.
No comments:
Post a Comment